Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Frozen Landscape and more.

On my way back to Holyoke from Northampton today, I spotted a really interesting piece of the landscape. On RT5 just before entering Holyoke, there is a section of the Oxbow Marina that usually ends up spilling off into the surrounding terrain. In the fall we had some heavy rain that caused a little bit of over flow in this piece of the land. This over flow started freezing before it could become saturated into the ground. What happened as a result of that ended up causing a large deposit and build up of ice. A few warm days and the ice melting caused the build up to drop in height. I have a few images I made of this piece of the landscape. I just had to pull over and pull my camera out for what I was seeing.

Earlier this week there was a terrible accident at the corner of Race and Dwight. One car came to a rest agains the building that is on the corner of the intersection. Speeding is through this intersection is a real issue.

SLOW DOWN!


1 comment:

  1. That intersection is SO dangerous! I'm glad my friend wasn't in his studio RIGHT THERE ON THE CORNER when it happened.

    ReplyDelete