Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Portraits: Nice weather brings fashion out

The weather last week was outstanding. It gave me a chance to shoot our first round of portraits outdoors. A small fashion shoot gave us the chance to soak up the sun and get some great work out of the studio.

 DSC_0088 DSC_0106 DSC_0059DSC_0107 DSC_0113 DSC_0118 DSC_0011 DSC_0017 DSC_0026

These two chairs have been sitting on High st for almost a week now. They just appeared. Essentially they are pieces of trash just left in place here to become a part of the city as apposed to where they really belong. I first made a photograph of them on Saturday as I was heading over from the studio to the start of the Road Race.

DSC_0003 DSC_0004

I wasnt the only one curious as to why they were there.

DSC_0064-2 DSC_0067 DSC_0059

This week has brought rain. As if we arent sick of the rain, it has returned. But that is fine. I dont mind the rain as long as I am not getting soaked. In terms of photographs though, I love the rain.

DSC_0077 DSC_0082 DSC_0087 DSC_0088 DSC_0090 DSC_0091 DSC_0092 CSC_0081 CSC_0085 

I did not put a strong focus on the Road Race at all this weekend. I also did not attend the St. Patricks Day parade. I have one of the greatest views of the parade, but was unable to make it back on Sunday in time to be able to view it. Our studio sits right on the parade route, on High st. Below are a very few images that I did make on Saturday.

DSC_0033  DSC_0005

Below on the left, one of my friends came out in support of his brother who ran the race. He made some good images of the mass amounts of people who ran. To his right is one of many people seen with a camera documenting the road race.

DSC_0034DSC_0008 DSC_0009 DSC_0010

I will admit, I would have loved to have climbed up the later. I would have done so with sheer enthusiasm. Here, a fire fighter assists a media photographer in his fearful climb up the later to get the money shot.

DSC_0018 DSC_0021

And here, we see lots and lots of people running. Even more people were crowed around to watch.

DSC_0023 DSC_0024

FIN

COPYRIGHT JEFFREY BYRNES LENSHARE.COM

2 comments:

  1. I also noticed those chairs sitting out there. Was thinking they would make an interesting subject. Sorta reminds me of the red couch project done in the 80's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They definitely add character to the street. I am not familiar with that project. I am going to look into it though. Thank you for the idea.

    ReplyDelete