Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

It Wasnt Hot Enough....

So an afternoon fire lit up the city block...

The Holyoke Fire Department did another outstanding job, responding quickly to a small blaze on the side of a centerblock garage. Just after 5pm a blaze sparked up. Smoke was visible a few blocks away, from where I saw. I was just wrapping up a project when I heard a fire truck pass by. Then another. Then a police cruiser. Then a fire truck. Then A white SUV from the Fire Dept. I turned my back and saw the dark smoke rising.

By the time I made it to Hampden St, just across from Griffins, the blaze was reduce to debris and smoldering blocks, shopping cart, and a wooden pallet. It is without a doubt that the HFD's quick response saved the black jeep with the fancy rims and the extended motor cycle built for show and go.































No comments:

Post a Comment